Let’s face it, when it comes to dinnertime, COVID-19 either helped some of us re-discover our love of cooking at home, or re-affirmed out desire for takeout! Ever wish there was some sort of middle ground…a nice, easy, make at home meal that won’t destroy the kitchen or take hours to prepare?
I made this easy Lemon Shrimp Scampi last week, and not only was it just delish, but it was so easy! No chopping and very little measuring! Thought I would share with you!
Lemon Shrimp Scampi
- 8 oz. Angel Hair Pasta (or Spaghetti noodles)
- 2 tbsp. Butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 lb. of Shrimp (thawed, cannot be frozen)
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Salt
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth or Water
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley
- 6 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large pot of boiling water cook angel hair (or spaghetti) pasta according to directions.
- Melt butter (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp & garlic salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimp turns pink, between 2 – 4 minutes. Part way through cooking, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in lemon juice and chicken broth or water. Bring to a simmer. Stir in fresh parsley and parmesan cheese and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Toss with angel hair pasta and garnish with more fresh parmesan and parsley. Serve immediately.